We prepare your ESRs for success.
We enjoy the dynamic atmosphere that is created when supporting and working with Early Stage Researchers (ESRs). To help them develop a well-rounded skillset that will benefit them throughout their research project and future careers, we offer online transferable skills training modules designed especially for ESRs. Discover our latest training offers, now fully available online with hands-on exercises customised to your ESRs’ needs.
Online training modules for ESRs recruited within MSCA ITNs
The following online training modules are designed for ESRs in ongoing Innovative Training Networks (ITN), part of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie action (MSCA). Consisting of interactive online lectures, quizzes, brainstorming activities as well as individual and group exercises, each of the six modules can be customised for an audience of ESRs from a single ITN or for a mixed audience of ESRs from several ITNs.
Find the right solution for you: pick and choose from the six modules below and contact us for enquiries through the form.
- Interactive and hands-on online courses.
- Each module consists of 2 x 2hr sessions.
- Best suited for 8-25 ESR participants.
- Prepare your ESRs for successful careers.
- Limit travels through online training.
- Create new networking opportunities.
Contact our expert
Benefit from our experience and learn from us.
Hear from ESR participants about their experience with our training modules:
Emanuele Palma, ImmerSAFE ITN 1:38
Felix Ditzinger, PEARRL ITN 0:46
Nikki Tromp, MOSAICS ITN 0:55
Patrick O'Dwyer, PEARRL ITN 0:47
Georgia Menounou, ClickGene ITN 1:11
Teresa Lauria, ClickGene ITN 0:45
Research project management
Online training workshop for ESRs to learn how to successfully plan and manage their research projects with a focus on how to keep on track with their projects while following the specific requirements for EU funded projects.
- Planning: objectives, work breakdown, timing.
- Time management vs. priority management.
- Risk management.
- Monitoring progress.
- Documentation and reporting.
- Know the main elements of project management.
- Become familiar with project planning tools through exercises.
- Be aware of some key rules of EU funded H2020 projects.
- Learn how to plan and manage individual research projects.
Johannes Ripperger, Emily Rose Ciscato
Online training workshop for ESRs to learn how to organise, manage and archive their data, with insights into useful tools and resources. The basics of open data, the EC’s Open Research Data Pilot and the basics of intellectual property rights (IPRs) will also be covered.
- EC Open Research Data Pilot.
- Data management plan and tools.
- Open access data and publications.
- IPRs and exploitation.
- EC dissemination and exploitation guidelines.
- Learn how to develop and maintain a data management plan through exercises.
- Become familiar with data management tools.
- Be aware of EC dissemination and exploitation guidelines.
- Learn the basics of IPRs.
Géraldine Messmer, Emily Rose Ciscato
Online training workshop for ESRs to learn about the most relevant funding opportunities and how to best prepare for them.
- EU funding schemes and opportunities.
- Key documents and resources for H2020 and other funding schemes.
- Objectives of different EU funding programmes.
- H2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowships.
- Evaluation criteria.
- Success factors.
- Become familiar with H2020 and other EU funding opportunities.
- Get to know the details for H2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowships.
- Learn how to identify the best suited funding scheme and how to competitively apply.
Jeanette Müller, Marco Cavallaro
Online training workshop for ESRs to learn how to communicate their research to a wide audience and multiple stakeholder groups using a variety of channels, tools and methods.
- Know your audience.
- Key messages, tools and channels.
- Language and jargon.
- EC communication guidelines.
- Strategies for online communication.
- Presentation skills.
- Ethics in science communication.
- Evaluating communication.
- Know the basics of good communication.
- Learn how to plan communication activities.
- Familiarise with a variety of communication strategies and platforms.
- Become an effective communicator
Emily Rose Ciscato, Géraldine Messmer, Jacqueline Strehler
Online training workshop for ESRs to learn about the current reported gender inequalities in research and main topics in gender equality research. While raising awareness for gender inequalities, this workshop also aims to train on possible ways to consciously address them.
- Gender equality in research.
- Implicit bias.
- Gender roles and work-life balance.
- Strategies for gender-sensitive communication.
- Gender-sensitive research.
- Become familiar with and discuss current issues in gender equality in research.
- Learn about the EU’s priorities towards gender equality.
- Be aware of implicit bias and possible strategies to overcome it.
- Learn how to conduct gender-sensitive research.
Emily Rose Ciscato
Grant writing for EU funding
Online training workshop for ESRs to learn about how to prepare a competitive proposal, with examples and insightful tips from our proposal writing team.
- Objectives and requirements of EU funding programmes.
- Call documents and other sources.
- Proposal set-up and contents.
- Evaluation criteria.
- Developing the scientific part, impact and implementation sections.
- Learn how to focus-in on the scientific essentials with clarity and appeal.
- Know what is needed for a compelling impact section.
- Become familiar with budgeting and develop a solid and coherent implementation.
Jeanette Müller, Emily Rose Ciscato